Friday, January 18, 2013

Cowl - FREE PATTERN

I offered a cowl or scarf  to Kaine's Preschool teachers for Christmas this year from my shop. www.etsy.com/shop/wonderfullyweaved. They looked and couldn't decide on one that they wanted said there were too many to choose from. They wanted a cowl but weren't sure of the color they wanted either so they said to surprise them. So I went and picked out some nuetral colors and decided to make up my own patter. I didn't write it down but it was very simple and easily remembered.


What you need:
 Size N crochet hook
Worsted weight yarn I used Vanna"s Choice Lion Brand
Yarn Needle

Experience: Beginner

Fhdc: Foundation half double crochet
Dc: Double crochet
hdc: Half double crochet

Pattern:

 Foundation half double crochet 115 and join to form circle to first stitch or Chain 116 and half double crochet in the second ch from hook. hdc across. Join to first stitch. (115 stitches)

Rnd 2: ch 2. dc in same st. dc in each st around. join to first dc (not the chain 2)
Rnd 3: ch 1. hdc in same st. hdc in each st around. join to first hdc.
Rnds 4-7:repeat rnds 2 and 3 with rnd 7 being hdc.
Finish off and weave in ends.

I hope you enjoy this pattern and find it easy to read. This is the first time I have written one out for other people to follow. Let me know if you get confused or have any questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment