Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Cake



I was in a baking mood and have really been thinking a lot about banana bread and the box of yellow cake mix in my pantry. Well today I got creative and decided to make up my own lil recipe and see how it turned out. It came out WONDERFUL!! So I decided that I would put the recipe on my blog for all of you.

What you need:

1 box of yellow cake mix
5 really ripe bananas
1 egg
about 1/4 cup water. ( I did not measure, I just wanted to loosen up the batter a bit)
chocolate chips (I used mini, that is what I had on hand)
cool whip - optional
cinnamon - optional

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish. Mix all ingedients together ( I just put the chocolate chips on top before I baked it). Pour batter in the greased baking dish and bake for 30-40 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.

 I had the first piece while it was still warm and put cool whip on top. The cake literally melted in my mouth. It is really really moist and tastes great. You could add a lil cinnamon to the batter too (which I forgot to do until after it was almost done baking. I hope you all enjoy it if you give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. Yummm sounds awesome!! I have all those ingredients on hand and will definitely be trying it. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete